Overall the most expensive parts of finishing your basement are plumbing, flooring, waterproofing and egress window installation.
Is finishing a basement worth the money?
How do I budget my basement to remodel?
According to HomeAdvisor, the average cost to renovate a basement is $30 to $75 per square foot for most homes. However, this depends on the materials you use, the square footage of the basement and if you plan to make it a do-it-yourself project.
How much does it cost to renovate a basement in Chicago?
What are the cons of a finished basement?
How to fix up a basement on a budget?
- Improve part of the basement.
- Paint the ceiling and walls.
- Incorporate an accent wall or ceiling.
- Add new lighting.
- Include storage options.
- Customize your staircase.
- Get creative with flooring.
- Break up open areas with furniture or dividers.
Is a basement remodel a good investment?
In the US, finishing a basement will give you a return of 70 to 75% of your investment. That means if you spend $10,000 on improvements, the value of your property will increase by about $7,000. Although you may not recoup 100 percent of your expenses, that's a good return on investment for most home sellers.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I calculate the value of my finished basement?
What adds most value to basement?
Converting the basement into an extra bedroom is a cost-efficient way to do just that. And if you're expecting visitors, they'll have a cozy spot too! A family room is another excellent addition that adds value and functionality to your home.
- How much basement remodeling cost
Nov 9, 2022 — A partial remodel for a basement that's less than 700 square feet could cost anywhere between $9,000 and $52,000. A complete remodel for a space
- How can I save money on my basement renovation?
- 10 Ways to Save on the Average Cost of a Basement Remodel
- Decide how you will use the basement space.
- Convert an unfinished basement into a livable space.
- Add windows and skylights to basement remodels.
- Use salvaged materials for your basement remodel.
- Incorporate a small kitchen or wet bar into the basement space.