For hard floors you can sweep and then mop them to get them looking shiny and new. You may want to apply a layer of protective finish to make them really shine. For carpet, vacuum as much as you can and you may need to use a wet rag to clean up any dried dirt.
How do I clean my house after construction?
- Clean From Top to Bottom.
- Vacuum the Upholstery.
- Check Air Vents and Filters.
- Don't Overlook Tricky Spaces.
- Remove Trash and Debris.
- Perform a Safety Check.
- Peel Off Stickers and Labels.
- Hire a Professional Clean-Up Crew.
How do you clean builders dust?
Vacuuming. Use your vacuum to remove the rest of the dust. If your vacuum has a filter, check it regularly to prevent a build-up that could damage your vacuum permanently. Run the vacuum around the room or rooms with builders dust until you are satisfied that it has been removed.
How do you clean construction dust off concrete floors?
If you're working on a large concrete area, a clean mop, preferably dampened, is your go-to cleaning solution. Immerse this mop in warm water mixed with a mild detergent to ensure the best cleaning results. For surfaces that need gentle care, lean towards tools like a broom with stiff bristles or a wet sponge mop.
How do you remove construction dust from tile floors?
The best option for all types of tile floors will probably be mild dish soap. Add it to warm water and dip your mop in it. Make sure to wring it out until it's slightly damp. Then, mop by making consistent moves.
How do I clean up construction dust in my house?
- Vacuum Carpets & Upholstery. It's all too easy for dust and dirt particles to embed themselves in curtains, upholstered furniture and carpeted floors.
- Wipe Down Hard Surfaces. Clean surfaces from the top down.
- Clean Air Vents & Replace Filters.
- Don't Forget About the Little Things.