- Step 1: Make a plan.
- Step 2: Outline what takes place in each part of the room.
- Step 3: Indicate where the light should come from.
- Step 4: Identify where sockets and switches are located in the chosen space.
- Step 5: Select specific light fixtures for each part of the room.
How do you position under cabinet lights?
Mounting & installationStrip lighting or puck lights should be mounted to the underside of the upper wall cabinets toward the front. Because the wall cabinets are generally half the depth of the countertop, mounting the lights in the middle, or worse, at the back of the wall cabinets will reduce the lit area below.
Where do you put under cabinet tape lighting?
If you want to install under cabinet lighting as task lighting, you should place the strip lights closer to the middle front edge of the cabinets, so the countertop will be exposed to as much light as possible.
What is a lighting layout?
A lighting layout is the first step in determining the best lighting solution to meet your needs and to calculating the energy and maintenance savings potential in converting to LED lighting.
How do you design a kitchen lighting layout?
- Always place lighting 12 inches in front of tall elevations.
- Don't forget to add lighting under your cabinets!
- Always install lighting in the centre of the island.
- Watch out for joists!
- Multiply the light sources.