- Power Outlets in the Utility Closet.
- Laundry Rooms with Dutch Doors.
- A Deep Sink in the Laundry Room.
- An Additional Living Area Upstairs for Kids.
- Cabinetry That Hides Appliances.
- Kitchen Prep Areas Near the Pantry.
- Efficient Home Orientation.
- Creative Storage Spaces.
What is the first thing to do when remodeling?
This step includes laying out your budget, working with your designer and builder to communicate your vision, securing permits for the build and any other pre-planning steps. Your builder will also help you at this point to decide if or when you may need to relocate during your remodel.
What I wish I knew before my kitchen remodel?
- Function Must Come First.
- Prioritize Cabinetry.
- Editing Is Important.
- It Won't Stay Pristine.
- Order Ahead.
- Save Space For The Doors.
- Prepare For The Interim.
- Hiring A Pro Might Actually Save You Money.
What I wish I knew before my bathroom remodel?
- Expect unforeseen bathroom problems.
- Tile selection.
- Ventilation is important.
- Where to wet hang towels shouldn't be an afterthought.
- Additional storage solution besides a vanity.
- Add more outlets.
- Simple designs are not cheaper.
- A bathroom renovation takes time.
What is the most important thing when building a house?
It may seem like a simple part of the overall construction process, but your foundation is the most crucial part of your entire project. Any mistakes you make in your straw bale house foundation will only get worse as you build up.
What I wish I knew before I renovated?
I wish I'd known that every task takes twice as long as you think, especially when you're self-renovating. I found that most of the time is spent on moving things out of the way, prepping the area and tidying, rather than on the task itself.