- Ceilings. Paint a 2-inch wide strip on the ceiling where it meets the wall.
- Walls. Paint a 2-inch strip along ceiling, floor and woodwork with a brush.
- Woodwork. Paint all trim around doors, windows, ceilings and floor.
What stage of construction is painting?
This phase of the home building process also includes the installation of interior doors and cabinetry. After the woodwork is complete, the painters will paint the interior of the home. This process is commonly called “wallout and enamel.”
What order should I paint my house exterior?
- Start with the soffits, fascia and trim.
- Next, paint the walls of the house, top down.
- Then, paint the windows if they need refreshing.
- Finish with the front door.
Should you paint before or after construction?
Having a plan regarding where your furniture and other large pieces will go is key to the success of your project. However, painting should be done prior to installing those pieces in the area. This allows for a full, unhindered space to paint each wall, ceiling, and surface.
What comes after paint in a new build?
It's important to install cabinets after painting for the same reason as flooring. This step includes everything from kitchen cabinets, to sinks in the bathrooms, to bar areas in the kitchen. This is the step that transforms the house into a livable space.
How do you paint a new build house?
Painting and wallpapering
When the time comes, make sure you fill in any minor gaps and plaster cracks with a decorator's filler. Before painting or wallpapering you should remove any existing wallpaper from the walls. Use a steamer and avoid scraping too rigorously – otherwise you might damage the plasterboard.