- Slowing down.
- Allowing extra space between vehicles.
- Expecting sudden slowing or stopping.
- Watching for drivers changing lanes.
- Avoiding distractions.
What should a driver do in a construction zone quizlet?
When driving through a highway work zone, you should. reduce your speed and adjust lane position away from workers.
When you are driving on a highway and are approaching a construction zone?
There are many variables to account for when driving through a construction zone, from lane closures to traffic pattern shifts to worker activity. By reducing your driving speed, you'll be able to react to these variables more safely, reducing the risk of accidents.
When driving through a construction zone you should avoid?
- Be Work Zone Alert.
- Do not speed in work zones; obey the posted speed limits.
- Stay Alert!
- Watch for workers; drive with caution.
- Don't change lanes unnecessarily.
- Avoid using mobile phones while driving in work zones.
- Turn on headlights so that workers and other drivers can see you.
What are two things to remember about driving in a construction zone?
When approaching a construction zone do you maintain the posted speed?
Drive slowly; the speed limit does not apply in construction zones. If you're driving down a road that has construction zones, it's always a good idea to slow down. The speed limit in construction zones is always reduced—usually by 10 mph or more—to protect workers, other drivers and yourself.